Veda T. Woods Founder/ Chief Executive Officer
“I believe everyone deserves the right to have access to opportunities to improve their quality of life, irrespective of the economic circumstances from which they may have come. It is my desire to provide a positive social impact, in support of global humanitarian efforts, by applying my personal and professional experience towards protecting those without a voice from potential sexual abuse and violence within cyberspace.”
Formerly having served on a U.S. political appointment from 2009 until 2015, as the Chief Information Security Officer and Deputy CIO, Veda Woods’ strategic leadership spans over approximately 20 years and focuses on cybersecurity policies and decision-making processes that protect and respect human rights by design. She strives to employ systematic and holistic information assurance strategies in cybersecurity, information governance, privacy and risk management; focused on securing healthcare, financial, law enforcement, defense and intelligence information.
As a key cyber risk executive at a leading global financial institution, Veda’s responsibilities entail fostering positive national and international relationships with the existing cyber risk community, while also driving strategic and tactical evolution necessary to maintain effective and efficient cyber threat identification, assessment and management. She also works on global cyber threat and resilience programs seeking best practices in cyber risk research and policy to support the Firm’s cybersecurity strategy.
Veda has received numerous awards for her contribution towards secure technology innovation and maintains a passionate commitment to continuously support women and minorities in STEM/STEAM. Because of her personal testimony of overcoming adversity, from humble beginnings growing up in one of the most volatile inner cities of Chicago, and navigating non-inclusive environments throughout her career, Veda’s life purpose is to pay it forward by doing what she deeply understands as being God’s work.
- RT @ACFHHS: National Child Abuse Prevention Month is here! Show your support by updating your profile picture with a frame sponsored by the…2 days ago
- Please read our message relating to COVID-19. For the links in the document please visit our website! Stay tuned fo… https://t.co/5lPRBTte902 days ago
- Do you know what are the most dangerous apps for teens?? Would you like to know how you can protect your teens? Rea… https://t.co/xjnwla9R3t12 days ago
- RT @swopbehindbars: One of our formerly incarcerated members - who was also a victim of exploitation - got her criminal record vacated thx…19 days ago
- RT @cpfsajm: Your actions today can save a child! #STOPchildabuse #REPORTchildabuse #888PROTECT (776-8328)21 days ago