Veda T. Woods Founder/ Chief Executive Officer
“I believe everyone deserves the right to have access to opportunities to improve their quality of life, irrespective of the economic circumstances from which they may have come. It is my desire to provide a positive social impact, in support of global humanitarian efforts, by applying my personal and professional experience towards protecting those without a voice from potential sexual abuse and violence within cyberspace.”
Formerly having served on a U.S. political appointment from 2009 until 2015, as the Chief Information Security Officer and Deputy CIO, Veda Woods’ strategic leadership spans over approximately 20 years and focuses on cybersecurity policies and decision-making processes that protect and respect human rights by design. She strives to employ systematic and holistic information assurance strategies in cybersecurity, information governance, privacy and risk management; focused on securing healthcare, financial, law enforcement, defense and intelligence information.
As a key cyber risk executive at a leading global financial institution, Veda’s responsibilities entail fostering positive national and international relationships with the existing cyber risk community, while also driving strategic and tactical evolution necessary to maintain effective and efficient cyber threat identification, assessment and management. She also works on global cyber threat and resilience programs seeking best practices in cyber risk research and policy to support the Firm’s cybersecurity strategy.
Veda has received numerous awards for her contribution towards secure technology innovation and maintains a passionate commitment to continuously support women and minorities in STEM/STEAM. Because of her personal testimony of overcoming adversity, from humble beginnings growing up in one of the most volatile inner cities of Chicago, and navigating non-inclusive environments throughout her career, Veda’s life purpose is to pay it forward by doing what she deeply understands as being God’s work.
- RT @TrafficInPeople: Case reveals shame, trauma of male #sextrafficking victims - Fox News https://t.co/wWeOn7KYrk7 hours ago
- RT @TrafficInPeople: Police: Children recruiting other kids for #humantrafficking at schools - @local6news News 6 & Click#Orlando https://t…11 days ago
- Police: Children recruiting other kids for human trafficking at schools https://t.co/cuez4m2PdY11 days ago
- RT @UNDPJamaica: There is no shortage of resources required for SDG implementation. We must be deliberate and targeted in our approach - Mi…14 days ago
- RT @gelede: @UReportJamaica @EmprezzGolding @TalkUpYout @christufton @NoviConD @MshGladGirl @youth_advocate @NFPBJamaica @jamhan_ja @chrisx…16 days ago