Sabrina Koncaba Vice President, Academic Outreach, Training And Development
“I believe that we are living in a digital world that provides individuals of all ages the ability to connect and communicate globally without restrictions. As a result, children and adolescents have not learned the skills necessary in order to protect themselves from various types of nefarious actors within the cyberspace environment. In order to combat this epidemic, I desire to teach children to appropriate online behavior by providing applicable information security education opportunities that will empower them to protect themselves from potential threats by taking appropriate action.”
Sabrina Koncaba is a passionate reader and piano player who has a genuine love and curiosity about all things technology. Although many of her roles included the use, design, and management of technology in the last 20 years of her career, she is still an educator at heart. She has used her education and experience in a variety of areas to include: developing a Bachelor of Science degree program in Digital Forensics and Cyber Security, train students on networking/cybersecurity technology, and creating an IT Governance program within the oil and gas industry. Sabrina has supported an alphabet soup of government agencies within the Department of Defense (DoD) to include the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), and the Physical Security Enterprise and Analysis Group (PSEAG). Other areas of expertise include instructional design, curriculum development, IT Security Awareness and Training, workshop development/delivery, auditing, and remediation of IT networked system as well as providing security operations support.
Sabrina Koncaba earned a B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies from Lamar University and her M.S. in Information Assurance from Norwich University. Although a native Texan, she currently resides in North Carolina and serves as the Educational Program Director for the Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Program at Methodist University in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Join us in celebrating #HispanicHeritage through 10/15! Hispanic heritage month is a national celebration in the U… https://t.co/2c63b2CugQyesterday
- Our Youth Life Group are working hard at creating new content for kids & teens. Head to the PUK YT channel to lear… https://t.co/aUyPIra8iCyesterday
- Our Youth Life Group are working hard at creating new content for kids & teens. Head to the PUK YT channel to lear… https://t.co/YfTdq3Sn8s2 days ago
- Register now: https://t.co/2Sir5AwjNQ Join PUK & @choicescarib in this fun, free, informative webinar for kids ret… https://t.co/u0N5VgCJsB4 days ago
- Register now: https://t.co/2Sir5AwjNQ Join PUK & @choicescarib in this fun, free, informative webinar for kids ret… https://t.co/LmZzcV5SBw5 days ago