Conduct research on the behavioral and social aspects involved with the online enticement of youth for sexual acts by sexual offenders/predators. A vast majority of individuals comprise of youth from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
Enable youth the confidence to express them selves freely on the Internet and engage in Web-based activities without compromising their safety or personal integrity.
Educate parents/guardians about the importance of knowing their children’s activities while online; make them aware of threats that exist on the Internet and the susceptibility of young people to undesirable influences; provide tips on how to protect their children while they are online in the home; and detail the rights they have in the event their child becomes a victim.
Work with academic institutions to develop training resources on Internet safety that are scalable and can be easily integrated into current curriculum at no cost.
Interact with the domestic and international governments to secure necessary funding so that Internet safety can be taught in at-risk areas, thereby inducing positive change within these disadvantaged communities.
Protect Us Kids is grateful to these organizations for their partnership and support.
• International Justice
• Private Industry
• Public Industry
• Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- In 2020 Americans reported more than $4.1 billion in losses from internet crimes Protect yourself: Set up multi-f… https://t.co/FZdJxGL94Ayesterday
- Education and awareness are key to prevention! Online predators target children, where the internet enables them… https://t.co/KZTrfnuRv67 days ago
- BREAKING: Facebook will introduce new measures on its apps to prompt teens away from harmful content - offering too… https://t.co/xuGhS2nrxt8 days ago
- New ‘State of the World’s Children’ report from @UNICEF considers the role of digital technologies and mental healt… https://t.co/c7R91iQXzq8 days ago
- Parents! Need some simple tips for what to teach your kids about online safety? Read our latest blog post:… https://t.co/Q0rXFCs5po9 days ago