Conduct research on the behavioral and social aspects involved with the online enticement of youth for sexual acts by sexual offenders/predators. A vast majority of individuals comprise of youth from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
Enable youth the confidence to express them selves freely on the Internet and engage in Web-based activities without compromising their safety or personal integrity.
Educate parents/guardians about the importance of knowing their children’s activities while online; make them aware of threats that exist on the Internet and the susceptibility of young people to undesirable influences; provide tips on how to protect their children while they are online in the home; and detail the rights they have in the event their child becomes a victim.
Work with academic institutions to develop training resources on Internet safety that are scalable and can be easily integrated into current curriculum at no cost.
Interact with the domestic and international governments to secure necessary funding so that Internet safety can be taught in at-risk areas, thereby inducing positive change within these disadvantaged communities.
Protect Us Kids is grateful to these organizations for their partnership and support.
• International Justice
• Private Industry
• Public Industry
• Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- "Covid-19: Lockdown won't stop our children being exploited" https://t.co/830PKKUe73 #protectuskids… https://t.co/1LIrcgWDfTyesterday
- "'Sharenting': Why you should think twice before posting about your children" https://t.co/5ZUFhptXMw… https://t.co/990SXk7eWryesterday
- "Global Report on Trafficking in Persons - 2020" https://t.co/npSeQb7szp #protectuskids #childexploitation… https://t.co/hSqmHeVRWjyesterday
- "Safer Internet Day: Prioritize and protect child well-being online" https://t.co/W1Jvw6gdCK #protectuskids… https://t.co/bCOp7XEZ2w3 days ago
- "Sex offender who posed as girls online jailed for 25 years" https://t.co/HH9DvRlqEg #protectuskids… https://t.co/LHZV1hKmcC3 days ago