Effective date: July 28, 2018
Protect Us Kids Foundation (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.protect-us-kids.org
website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of
personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to
the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. Unless otherwise defined in
and Conditions, accessible from https://www.protect-us-kids.org
- ServiceService is the https://www.protect-us-kids.org website operated by Protect Us Kids
- Personal DataPersonal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those
data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our
- Usage DataUsage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service
or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- CookiesCookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data ControllerData Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in
common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any
personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who
processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data
- Data Subject (or User)Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve
our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable
information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable
information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional
materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any,
or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions
provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This
Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP
address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and
date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so
(“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through
your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
hold certain information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique
identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking
technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to
improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being
sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your
preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Protect Us Kids Foundation uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods,
services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or
enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), Protect Us Kids Foundation legal basis
Personal Data we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
Protect Us Kids Foundation may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Protect Us Kids Foundation will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary
extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain
your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements
Protect Us Kids Foundation will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to
strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated
to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on —
computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction
where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please
note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
represents your agreement to that transfer.
Protect Us Kids Foundation will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data
Data will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place
including the security of your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Data
If Protect Us Kids Foundation is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your
Personal Data may be transferred. We will provide notice before your Personal Data is
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Protect Us Kids Foundation may be required to disclose your
Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities
(e.g. a court or a government agency).
Protect Us Kids Foundation may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that
such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Protect Us Kids Foundation
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission
over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use
commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its
“Do Not Track” Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your
web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data
protection rights. Protect Us Kids Foundation aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to
correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be
removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your
Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these
actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information
rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing ofyour Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict
the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a
copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw
your consent at any time where Protect Us Kids Foundation relied on your consent to process
your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of
your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in
the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service
Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist
us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our
behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-
party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to
our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their
managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa,
Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure
handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a
third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise you to review the
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or
practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age
of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with
Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data
from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information
from our servers. For more information on children’s privacy protection on web sites
implementing the Children’s On line Protection Act, see the Federal Trade Commission website
at: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy privacyinitiatives/childrens.html
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service, prior to the change
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.protect-us-kids.org/privacy-
- By phone number: 866.772.3354
- By mail: 1629 K St NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20006
- We Are So Thankful To Have A Community Like You! ✨✨ #GRATEFUL #THANKYOU https://t.co/n2lDtf4DvH3 days ago
- Hosted by @JamLibService join PUK and @choices.caribbean in this fun, free, informative webinar for youth in middle… https://t.co/whRX00GzqE10 days ago
- Hosted by @JamLibService join PUK and @choices.caribbean in this fun, free, informative webinar for youth in middle… https://t.co/KhujpRhi6D11 days ago
- Hosted by @JamLibService join PUK and @choices.caribbean in this fun, free, informative webinar for youth in middle… https://t.co/DIyM6IRNXO11 days ago
- Hosted by @jlsempoweringjamaica, join PUK and @choices.carribbean in this fun, free, informative webinar for youth… https://t.co/8Gt17jxq7E11 days ago