In essence, despite the Survivors of cybersex trafficking, especially children, are exposed to severe levels of trauma in their trafficking situations. When a survivor escapes, the individual needs to receive a range of services to help cross the bridge from victim to survivor. Protect Us Kids Foundation believes that these services should be comprehensive and focused on the whole individual, not only on the physical wellbeing, but also on the psychological, emotional, and holistic wellbeing.
Survivors of cybersex trafficking need services that empower social justice and inclusion and provide the tools needed to succeed. WE-RISE provides a virtual safe haven that leverages technology for the greater good and comprises of alternative resources and support for those children in need. We focus on partnering with technology, healthcare and social services to provide awareness and research of those services that include, but not be limited to cybersecurity awareness, behavioral and mental health, social services, and job training and placement. These services should be individualized and sensitive to cultural and religious beliefs.
- RT @shehacks_ke: This webinar has shed light on the need for online child protection and the current situation, not only in Kenya but also…11 hours ago
- "No one is truly equal and free until everyone is equal and free" #HumanTrafficking https://t.co/xysaNALwMN11 hours ago
- This is why we must do all that we can to keep our children safe! #cybersafe #protectuskids https://t.co/ishyoOZoii12 hours ago
- RT @shehacks_ke: If you're a parent especially in Kenya, then you are familiar with the question 'Do you have games on your phone?' How do…15 hours ago
- Pope to Web Companies: Guard Against Human Traffickers Bait https://t.co/R7wOb2wibB #HumanTrafficking #cybersafe #cybersecurityyesterday