There was a sharp increase in child sex abuse imagery being posted and shared online during the coronavirus pandemic, much of it hosted on Facebook and Instagram, according to data shared exclusively with Insider.
Online child sex abuse spiked by 31% in 2020, with at least 13 million disturbing images on Facebook and Instagram
- Champions for change! California’s new Age-Appropriate Design Code Act requires the highest privacy settings be the… https://t.co/S3171dMV7y15 hours ago
- RT @lulurrutia: Thank you @tech_coalition for hosting a full day of important conversations and presentations at the @CACConference. We are…44 days ago
- Work led by @IWFhotline analyzed a million images, turned them into unique digital hashes, and matched these with c… https://t.co/oRvgWfJOu4108 days ago
- A new assessment of 107 kid-targeted apps found only 17 collected zero data The Toy Zone study found Money Managem… https://t.co/Mvkry6ZYnA164 days ago
- New analysis from @LloydsBank finds Instagram has become the new battleground between the public and the organized… https://t.co/nU7R3ZbU7E165 days ago