There was a sharp increase in child sex abuse imagery being posted and shared online during the coronavirus pandemic, much of it hosted on Facebook and Instagram, according to data shared exclusively with Insider.
Online child sex abuse spiked by 31% in 2020, with at least 13 million disturbing images on Facebook and Instagram
- "Common misconceptions of online child sexual exploitation" https://t.co/wib42XtGZj #protectuskids… https://t.co/Jfj6sSNUof20 hours ago
- "Over 30% of internet users are children" https://t.co/JryAJn0wqS #protectuskids #childexploitation… https://t.co/LfCaZsQOkKyesterday
- "We'll fight human trafficking to standstill - Ogun AG" https://t.co/2wvidn24vu #protectuskids… https://t.co/NMjFMicIShyesterday
- "City Of Fort Worth: Federal Grant Will Help Combat Human Trafficking" https://t.co/FeHWN6hpGh #protectuskids… https://t.co/nHfUqrO5Ra2 days ago
- "Why We Need A Global Framework To Regulate Harm Online" https://t.co/vQJ8igtJLn #protectuskids #childexploitation… https://t.co/EVEAKK21sx3 days ago